Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Six



It always amazes me when a secondary character pops up and starts talking to me. This week it was Lars who whispered briefly in my thoughts. I've been trying to get him to speak more but he still isn't ready to give up all his secrets. For now he's happy teasing me now and again.

"I don't think it's healthy for you to stay here all the time, Lars." River picked up one of his tools, held on to the end, and spun, enjoying the clicking sound it made, "you need to go out and find someone who will appreciate you."

River was like a little kid when it came to touching shiny things, so Lars plucked the wrachet from her hand before she broke it. "When your lost, the best idea is to stay put and let someone find you."

"How are you going to find her if you don't get out there and look?"

"I never said she's the one who's lost."


Six Sentence Sunday is a blogging group started by Sara Brooks. Every week authors from all different genres post six sentences from their WIP or published works. If you want to read more contributions to this blog roll CLICK HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, I love that last line. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaw! Well when Lars talks to you, like any quiet person, he definitely has something worth saying! Great 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun last line, Corinne. :) Great six.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that....that last line is a keeper! Great six :)

    ReplyDelete

Background