Saturday, April 10, 2010

Never too old to start reading...

I'm a voracious reader, I'll read anything from the back of a wine bottle to the warning stickers on aspirin.

One of the things about Mr D. I never understood is his disinterest in books. I didn't see him voluntarily pick up a book until his mid-thirties. I like to think after so many years being married to me, I finally rubbed off on him.
(I dont' think he'll be knitting any time soon though) Turns out we needed to find what interested him. He loves biographies.

Summer is coming and everyone needs a good read for the beach. This way if your hubby/significant-other is reading, they're less likely to bother you when you're reading! Today, I'm going to share Mr D's top 3 favourite books.


#1 ~ Got Fight? by Forrest Griffen

(one of my favourite fighters from the UFC. I admit I read this too and enjoyed it. I heard Mr D laughing out loud as he read.)






#2 ~ Dan Rooney: My 75 years with the Pittsburgh Steelers and the NFL

(Mr D has been a Steelers Fanatic since he was 12)




He has a tie for #3
~ Iceman: My Fighting Life by Chuck Liddell

(Another UFC fighter. Cool guy too, but I wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of the octagon from him)




AND



~Slap Shot Original: The man, the foil, and the Legend by Dan Hanson

(Who didn't love the Hanson brothers from the movie Slap Shot?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background