Monday, November 3, 2008

Today is what?

Today is day 3 of NaNoWriMo and as I was reminded yesterday, I have been incredibly silent around here for the last month. It's true I admit guilt, gots a great reason though. Vacation mind meld. You know that wonderful euphoric feeling you get on a beach in Florida where you can pretend that there are no bills, work, phone calls, laundry to do. You exist to soak up the sun, knit and read.

OOPS It took longer to get my brain back into real life. I did manage to finish knitting my shawl before NaNo. Then this morning I wake up and realize that it is the 3rd.

THIRD!!! According to my NaNo schedule by tonight I should have 6000 words done. **Looking at count** 500....ouch I had better get to work.

Good news is I have an awesome dream last night. The kind that while I was dreaming I was making mental notes about how good of a book this would make and all the clever twists in it. Too bad I could only remember the end when I woke up. I'm hoping that if I start writing it my subconscious will give up those lovely little sleep induced gems. At least I managed to get the ending down and some very general plot points.

Here is a really interesting site I found via the NaNoWriMo site. The technique is called Mind Mapping, and is a brainstorming tool. I think I'm going to have to play with this a bit. Looks like fun and perfect for digging into forgotten dreams.

Too bad I can't count blog posts towards my final count LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background