Friday, March 9, 2007

Procrastination

This is so me. I always did my best work in school the night before a project was due. There is something about a looming deadline that spurs my creativity, sending me into high gear. My best work has always been finished during an adrenaline fueled panic. Which is one reason why writing is so difficult. Right now I don't have a deadline. No contract, no legalities, no agent emailing. I'm a nobody, just like thousands of others out there. So if I spend a month on research then what does it matter, if it takes me a year...or so... to write a book who cares?



Procrastination is the bane of every wanna-be author out there. It is the dragon that must be slayed. No mercy, no second chances. If I am going to succeed then I had better get to work. Until the day I get to sign my name to the bottom of a contract then I am nothing but a dreamer with delusions of grandure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background